What is the Baltimore Children’s Business Fair?
The Baltimore Children’s Business Fair inspires children to discover their inner entrepreneur. Our event is sponsored by the Acton Children’s Business Fair, the largest entrepreneurship event for kids in North America. This one-day market gives children the opportunity to showcase their very own businesses.
Who can apply?
Children ages 6-14.
How many businesses will you accept?
How do I apply? Can I apply as part of a group?
The application must be submitted online. Please submit one application for each business. Children working as a group should submit one application that includes each child’s information. No more than 3 participants per business.
When is the application deadline?
What is in the application?
The application asks kids to think through some simple, but important elements of their business:
- What product or service do you plan to sell?
- What price will you charge for each product/service? How much will each product/service cost you?
- How will you pay for your startup costs? If someone is helping you with your startup costs, how will you pay that person back?
- How will you advertise/market your business before the fair?
- At the end of the fair, how will you determine if your business was a success?
What if someone else has the same business idea?
How will the fair be set up?
What are the rules?
This event is designed to give children the experience of selling a product or service. If a parent is found selling or promoting a child’s product or service, their child’s business will be disqualified from the competition.
Parents of younger children may sit in the booth, but the children should be responsible for set up, customer interaction, and sales.